Wednesday, March 16, 2011

THE BOOK FROM MY CHILDHOOD

To be honest as I was a little bit younger I used to read more books than now.It is because the fact that as a smaller boy i had more spare time that I could devote for some activities, such as reading books for example. As far as I can remember fantasy was the literary genre that always interested and inspired me. Even now nothing has changed and I still have one author that in my opinion is the best and writes the most gripping novels. You will probably guess quickly what is the name of this author- Yes it's J.R.R. Tolkien. You would also probably ask why I have chosen this author and what makes him as well as his books so good and interesting. The answer to this question is so simple. Tolkien had created a magnificent world, which is full of magic, ghastly creatures, wicked wizards and finally the bravest and strongest protagonists. Also the plot of his novels is so gripping and that everyone who is reading Tolkien's books is curious to know what will happen next to the heroes, how will the action roll and how will a particular chapter end. It's a very tough decision for me to choose one, particular written by Tolkien that would be the best. I like Tolkien's fantasy and so far I have read "The Hobbit or There and Back Again" and "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy" and I enjoy them both. I'm also planning to read in the nearest future another trilogy called "Sillmarilion". My justification for choosing Tolkien as my favourite author is that whenever I read his books I feel as I would have been taking part in the novel's plot, fighting with the characters and helping them, discovering some myths or hidden truths and puzzling some riddles out. I am fully absorbed all the time. And that's why I have chosen Tolkien. Thanks for Your attention.

1 comment:

  1. You've taken your time to write the post, but it was worth waiting for :) It sounds as if you are really captivated by those books, and that's great. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete

STRETFORD END

STRETFORD END